Monday, July 26, 2010

Experimenting

About a week ago I received some incredible books in the mail, after being recommended them by the one and only Gino Acevedo (I have sweet connections, and he is a very friendly and helpful man).  I've started looking through them, and decided to spend one of my afternoons playing around with some of the materials the book recommended.  As luck should have it, I had most of this stuff in my kit or around home - cheap fun is the best fun!  I just used greasepaint to colour the wounds, and powdered where necessary. 
 



 This was my very first attempt at using gelatine...for anything...ever.  
And yes, it's the gelatine that you can buy at the supermarket for about $4.  Thrifty!


 More gelatine fun.  It dries incredibly fast, so working quickly 
to get the look you want is important.


 
 This effect was created using morticians wax, which I conveniently
had in my kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment